ONLINE DELIVERY - GDC Recommended CPD: Radiography & Radiation Protection IR(ME)R 2017 (09/11/21)
This key Core CPD subject will be covered in great detail. This course will include all aspects of Radiography and Radiation Protection as mentioned in the Guidance Notes for General Dental Practitioners.
To update the dental team and improve their knowledge and compliance of the Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) 2017 and of the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R 2017 ensuring an improved, safer working practice.
To deliver information on legislation relating to the IRR 2017 and IR(ME)R 2017. To discuss radiation production and methods of limiting the effects of ionising radiation to delegates and others.
- 09:15 - 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 - 11:00 IR(ME)R 2017
- 11:00 - 11.20 Break
- 11:20 - 13.00 IR(ME)R 2017 (cont)
- 13:00 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 15:00 IRR 2017
- 15:00 - 15:45 How well do you know your images? Interesting images & film faults
- 15:45 - 16:30 Questions and close
Delegates will be able to:
- Discuss IRR 2017 AND IR(ME)R 2017 and their importance in the workplace
- Discuss the production of x-rays and methods of restriction of exposure to themselves and others
- State the duties of Radiation Protection Supervisor, Radiation Protection advisor and employer
- State the role of the operator, referrer and practitioner
- Discuss justification of medical exposure and the ALARP principle
- Discuss the importance of dose limits, controlled areas, investigation & notification of incidents, training, monitoring, optimisation and Quality Assurance
- Discuss common film faults and how they can be avoided
Registration is at 09:15 and the course starts at 09:30. Expected finish time is 16:30pm.
Each participant will receive a certificate from LonDEC, Kings College London Dental Institute and be awarded with 6 hours of verifiable CPD.
Mrs Karen Sundar DCR, BSc, PgCert, MSc
Head of Dental Radiography and Imaging at Kings College Hospital
Since 2011 Karen has been the Head of Dental Radiography and Imaging at Kings College Hospital. Karen is an advocate for change, self-directed learning, professional responsibility and continuous personal development.
Since 2010, she has been a frequent speaker for the Welsh Deanery, in Aberystwyth and Carmarthen, as well as lecturing undergraduate radiography students at London South Bank University. In 2017, Karen delivered two lectures for the British Society of Dento MaxilloFacial Radiology (BSDFMFR). Together with her team, they deliver the radiographic training for Hygiene Therapy students and undergraduate radiography students.
For the past six years, Karen has also lectured and taught the radiographic aspects of the undergraduate dental nurse syllabus, for the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses. Karen is also the overarching Radiation Protection Supervisor for over fifteen GDP sites managed by Kings College Hospital.
Further to her BSc in Radiography, Karen holds an MSc in Leadership and Service Improvement in Healthcare. Socially, Karen makes no apologies for being an almost fanatical fan of Formula 1. She is also a sci-fi fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC.
|Course Date||09-11-2021 9:15 am|
|Course End Date||09-11-2021 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||07-07-2021|
|Cut off date||08-11-2021 11:55 pm|
|Discounted Price||£99.00 (Until 19-10-2021 00:00)|