Face-to-Face - GDC Recommended CPD: Radiography & Radiation Protection IR(ME)R 2017
This key Core CPD subject will be covered in great detail. This course will include all aspects of Radiography and Radiation Protection as mentioned in the Guidance Notes for General Dental Practitioners.
To update the dental team and improve their knowledge and compliance of the Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) 2017 and of the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R 2017 ensuring an improved, safer working practice.
To deliver information on legislation relating to the IRR 2017 and IR(ME)R 2017. To discuss radiation production and methods of limiting the effects of ionising radiation to delegates and others.
- 09:15 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 11:00 IR(ME)R 2017
- 11:00 – 11.20 Break
- 11:20 – 13.00 IR(ME)R 2017 (cont)
- 13:00 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 15:00 IRR 2017
- 15:00 – 15:45 How well do you know your images? Interesting images & film faults
- 15:45 – 16:30 Questions and close
Registration is at 09:15 and the course starts at 09:30. Expected finish time is 16:30.
The course takes place in the LonDEC Seminar Room.
Course includes course notes. Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance from LonDEC, King’s College London Dental Institute and be awarded with 6 hours of verifiable CPD.VIEW COURSE DATES
Delegates will be able to:
- Have an overview of IRR 2017 and IR(ME)R 2017 and their importance in the workplace
- Understand the production of x-rays and methods of restriction of exposure to themselves and others
- Understand the duties of the radiation protection supervisor, advisor, employer, operator, referrer and practitioner
- Understand the justification for medical exposure and the ALARP principle
- Understand the importance of dose limits, controlled areas, investigation & notification of incidents, training, monitoring, optimisation and Quality Assurance
- Understand common film and digital exposure faults and how they can be avoided
Meet the Tutor
Download the Brochure
Download the facilities brochure to discover more about LonDEC’s training suite.