CDT's, Therapists and Hygienists Role in Oral Medicine - May 2014
Postgraduate Dental Course
This afternoon lecture course has been designed specifically for all DCP team members with a clinical role. The lecture will provide an overview of the common oral medicine conditions seen in general dental practice. Designed to develop the specific skills and knowledge of the clinical DCP. At the end of this session the participants will have an understanding of:
- How to recognise, manage and when to refer the common red and white oral lesions
- The role of the dental team in oral screening for premalignant and malignant lesions
- Presentation of oral allergies and oral side effects of medication
- Understanding the link between dry mouth, burning mouth and altered taste
- Be able to diagnose and understand the management of a patient with a dry mouth
All attending will receive a certificate from LonDEC and 3 hrs verifiable CPD.
This afternoon course is just one of several post graduate dental courses that are ideal for CDTs and other DCP’s who wish to expand their Scope of Practice.
Timetable as follows:
13:00 – Registration, refreshments & biscuits
13:30 – Lecture 1: Management of dry mouth, burning mouth and altered taste.
14:50 – Refreshments & biscuits
15:10 – Lecture 2: Recognising and managing white lesions, red lesions and premalignant lesions.
16:30 – Questions and finish
Caroline Pankhurst - Specialist in Oral Microbiology
The early bird price for this course is only £50 and includes course notes & refreshments. The price of this course will rise to £75 on the 24th April 2014.
Want to find out more about training at LonDEC's world class facilities?
Simply contact us today to discuss your Dental Courses/Dental CPD requirements.
Alternatively, you can make a booking or discover more about our facilities
and how to find us.