Essential Hands-On Skills For Minor Oral Surgery In General Dental Practice - (March 2016)
Postgraduate Dental Course
This one day course will provide the opportunity to the general dental practitioners of further knowledge and hands on experience in minor oral surgical procedures. The course will comprise of interactive session and hands on training on sheep heads and will help in building the confidence of the delegates.
Aims & Objectives
- Overview of minor oral surgical procedures carried out in general dental practice and to improve the provision of these procedures by the GDP.
- Review the understanding of extractions, surgical removal of teeth and other minor oral surgical procedures.
- Enhance the understanding about flap design, suturing and bone removal, opportunity to practice flap elevation & surgical removal of teeth.
- Review of knowledge about complications and post-operative care.
- Medical, Clinical & radiographic assessment of patients for minor oral surgical procedures.
- This course will help to improve the confidence and knowledge of Minor oral surgical procedures.
- It will give an insight for managing the complications during the procedures.
- Morning session: Lecture and Interactive session
- Afternoon session: Hands on sheep heads
The course will run from 9:30am to 4:30pm
The price of the course includes comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC/Kings College London, 6 hours verifiable CPD, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Please note that the course fee of £299 is the "EARLY BIRD" booking fee. This will increase to the full price of £349 on Thursday 18th February 2016.
Places are very limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Dr Kashif Hafeez -MFDRCSI, FFDRCSI, FDSRCSEd, PG Cert Med Ed
Dr Kashif Hafeez has been honoured with Membership and Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland and has been admired with Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He has completed his post graduate certificate in Medical and Dental education from Oxford Brookes University. He has been inducted as an advisor & expert for General Dental Council UK. He has special interest in Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology and has been practising in the picturesque Cotswold. He has been a post graduate Dental Foundation & therapist trainer for Oxford Deanery, due to his passion for quality in education has been appointed as Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons Ireland and Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He teaches for the M Clindent program at BPP University UK and lectures internationally on Oral surgery & Dental Implantology. He has been presenting his scientific work & research at international dental conferences and has been conducting dental Implantology courses worldwide. In addition, he serves as an Editorial Board member for Porodental CPD. In the past he was honoured with the Dentist of the year award by APPS UK.
Want to find out more about training at LonDEC's world class facilities?
Simply contact us today to discuss your Dental Courses/Dental CPD requirements.
Alternatively, you can make a booking or discover more about our facilities
and how to find us.