2 Day Clinical Occlusion and the Management of Tooth Wear in General Dental Practice (11/09/20)
This course aims to impart delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to diagnose and treat cases of Tooth Wear in General Dental Practice. An array of practical techniques will be taught, which permit contingency planning. It also aims to explain clinical and applied occlusion.
By the end of this course delegates should:
- Have an understanding of the practical considerations of clinical occlusion in relation to the treatment of the worn dentition, including the taking of facebow and inter-occlusal records, finding centric relation, articulator selection and the concept of relative axial movement ‘Dahl phenomenon’.
- Be able to assess and diagnose pathological tooth wear.
- Be able to determine which cases require active restorative intervention, and where passive management (prevention and monitoring) would suffice.
- Be able to effectively treatment plan for the management of wear cases, including the ability to apply established principals of aesthetics and occlusal stability to attain predictable outcomes.
- Understand the merits and drawbacks of the differing treatment protocols, materials (metal alloys, ceramic and resin) and techniques used to restore the worn dentition, including the use of conventionally and adhesively retained indirect restorations.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to treat worn localized and generalized Tooth Wear.
- Comprehensive course covering both theory and practical with the practical component based at the world class dental postgraduate teaching centre – LonDEC.
- Course speakers have several years’ clinical experience with the treatment of wear cases in general dental practice.
- Course speakers are experienced teachers of Tooth Wear at a Master’s level, and have published extensively in peer reviewed journals and lectured nationally and internationally on this subject.
Who is this course for:
- Practitioners interested in the treatment of Tooth Wear in their day to day practice
- Clinicians wishing to develop their knowledge of practical occlusion
Practitioners who would like to treat suitable cases at their practice rather than refer, and have the potential to increase their revenue and treatment satisfaction.
Registration is at 9:15am and the course starts at 9:30am. Expected finish time is 4:30pm.
The course takes place at LonDEC. Please see https://www.londec.co.uk/directions/
Each participant will receive comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC and 12 hours verifiable CPD.
Course is inclusive of light lunch.
Dr Mahul Patel
BDS (Lond), MJDF RCS (Eng), MSc RDP (Lond), MSc ConsDent (Lond), MPros RCS (Ed)
Mahul graduated from King’s College London (2002) and completed the MJDF examinations at the Royal College of Surgeons of England (2009). He obtained two Master’s degrees at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in Restorative Dental Practice (2010) and Conservative Dentistry (2012). The latter was awarded with Distinction and the 3M ESPE post-graduate prize for excellence in clinical and academic achievement. He then gained Membership in Prosthodontics at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2014).
His clinical and research interests include aesthetic and implant dentistry, endodontics, the treatment of advanced tooth wear, crown preparation techniques and assessment and the behavior of restorative dental materials. He has published and presented at local, national and international levels and is a member of The British Society for Restorative Dentistry, The British Society of Prosthodontics and International College of Prosthodontists.
Mahul works in referral practice at Pure Periodontics (26 Widegate Street, London E1 7HP) and at Dental Rooms (Wimbledon Village, London). He also works as a Specialty Dentist in Prosthodontics at King’s College Dental Hospital. In addition, he is a Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute and a Senior Clinical Teacher at King’s College Dental Institute. Mahul is a Key Opinion Leader for Dentsply Sirona and is an Advisor for Dentinal Tubules. He is involved with training and mentoring general dentists of all ages and experiences by running independent restorative hands-on practical courses around the U.K.
|Course Date||11-09-2021 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||12-09-2021 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||27-04-2021|
|Cut off date||10-09-2021 11:55 pm|
|Discounted Price||£799.00 (Until 13-08-2021 00:00)|