3 Day Hands on Periodontal Surgery: Skills For General Practice (15/10/21)
This three-day course is aimed at providing General Dental Practitioners further knowledge and experience with both non-surgical and surgical periodontal management.
Half of the course will be hands on practical sessions where you will also be improving your general surgical skills with sessions on day 2 and 3. During the hands-on elements there will be opportunity to practice surgical techniques on gingival tissues as well as hand and ultrasonic instrumentation.
- Understand the principles of non-surgical periodontal treatment and improve clinical results, gaining practical experience with hand and ultrasonic instrumentation.
- Improve communication with periodontal patients
- Understand the rational, indications and principles for basic periodontal surgery
- Introduce the principles of regenerative and mucogingival surgery.
- Understand the principles of the biological width and crown lengthening.
- Gain hands on surgical experience with pocket reduction, crown lengthening, regenerative and muco-gingival surgery.
- Communication with your Periodontal patients. The corner stone to motivational and lasting behaviour change in patients
- Discussing a variety of clinical cases and their management
- Hand and ultrasonic instrumentation on calculus models
- Rational and indications for periodontal surgery
- Brief overview of periodontal surgical techniques
- Introduction to pocket reduction surgery
- Pigs head practical – pocket reduction surgery
- Suturing techniques
- Introduction to crown lengthening surgery
- Pigs head practical – crown lengthening surgery
- Top tips for surgery
- Pre- and post-op patient care
- Introduction to regenerative surgery
- Practical– Guided tissue regeneration
- Introduction to mucogingival surgery
- Pigs head practical – mucogingival surgery
Registration is at 9:15am and the course starts at 9:30am. Expected finish time is 4:30pm.
The course takes place at LonDEC. Please see https://www.londec.co.uk/contact-us/directions
Each participant will receive comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC and 18 hours verifiable CPD.
Course is inclusive of refreshments and light buffet lunch.
Dhru Shah is a registered Specialist Periodontist. He currently works in private specliast practices in Hertfordshire and Belfast.
He graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2003 and then completed a year of vocational training in general practice within the North Wales training scheme, where he continued to work as an associate practitioner for a few years.
Dhru completed a number of hospital posts gaining further training within the various disciplines of dentistry, including working as a Senior House Officer in the Department of Restorative Dentistry at the Royal London Dental Hospital and as a Senior House Officer and a Specialty Doctor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the North West London Hospitals NHS Trust, to further enhance his surgical skills. During this period, Dhru completed examinations granting him Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Dhru subsequently embarked on a four-year specialist training programme in the field of Periodontics and Implantology at Guy’s Hospital, London. As part of his specialist training, he also completed a Masters of Clinical Dentistry Degree in Periodontics at King’s College, London whilst attaining Membership of Periodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Rupal is a GDC recognised specialist in Periodontics. She currently works as a Consultant in Periodontology at Guys Hospital and within private specialist practice. Rupal is heavily involved in teaching; she delivers Undergraduate and Post-graduate teaching for Kings College London, was a foundation dentist trainer in general practice and lectures nationally in periodontics.
Rupal qualified from Guy’s Hospital (University of London) in 2004 with honours. She subsequently worked in the fields of Maxillofacial Surgery and General Dental Practice. Rupal then completed a 4 year specialist training programme in Periodontology, including dental implants, at Kings College London.
She achieved the MFDS diploma from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and a Masters in Clinical Dentistry (Periodontology) from Guys Hospital, passing with a distinction. She also holds the Membership in Periodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons. Rupal has published in scientific journals, including the highly respected Journal of Periodontolgy.
|Course Date||15-10-2021 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||17-10-2021 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||21-04-2021|
|Cut off date||13-10-2021 11:55 pm|