Essential Hands On Skills For Minor Oral Surgery In General Dental Practice (10/08/21)
This one day course will provide the opportunity to the general dental practitioners of further knowledge and hands on experience in minor oral surgical procedures. The course will comprise of interactive session and hands on training on sheep heads and will help in building the confidence of the delegates.
- Overview of minor oral surgical procedures carried out in general dental practice and to improve the provision of these procedures by the GDP.
- Review the understanding of extractions, surgical removal of teeth and other minor oral surgical procedures.
- Enhance the understanding about flap design, suturing and bone removal, opportunity to practice flap elevation & surgical removal of teeth.
- Review of knowledge about complications and post-operative care.
- Medical, Clinical & radiographic assessment of patients for minor oral surgical procedures.
- This course will help to improve the confidence and knowledge of Minor oral surgical procedures.
- It will give an insight for managing the complications during the procedures.
- Morning session: Lecture and Interactive session
- Afternoon session: Hands on sheep heads
Registration is at 9:15am and the course starts at 9:30am. Expected finish time is 4:30pm.
The course takes place at LonDEC. Please see https://www.londec.co.uk/directions/
Each participant will receive comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC and 6 hours verifiable CPD.
Course is inclusive of refreshments and light buffet lunch.
Dr Kashif Hafeez
BDS, MFDRCS(Ireland) FFDCRS(Ireland) FDSRCS(Edinburgh)
P G Cert Med Ed(UK), FFDT RCS(Edinburgh), PG Cert Ment & Coach
Dental Ambassador South West England, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Honorary Clinical Teaching Fellow, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute.
Dr Kashif Hafeez was honoured by Membership and Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland and has been honoured with Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He has completed his post graduate certificate in Medical and Dental education from Oxford Brookes University. He has special interest in Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology and has been acting as visiting Implantologist at various practices in England. He has been a post graduate Dental Foundation trainer for Oxford Deanery from 2010 to 2015 and due to his passion for quality in education he has been appointed as Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons Ireland and Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He has taught at the M MClinDent programme, City of London Dental School, BPP University UK and lectures internationally on Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology, runs Dental Implantology courses in UK, Mexico, Gulf, Egypt & Pakistan. He is a visiting Professor in Oral Surgery at Fatima Jinnah Dental College Karachi Pakistan in addition he serves as a Scientific Advisor Makkah International Dental Conferences.
He has been presenting his scientific work & research at prominent international dental conferences. He serves as an advisor & expert for General Dental Council UK.
He was awarded as the Best Dentist by APPS UK in 2013. He is an Examiner and Assessor in Oral Surgery for University of Health Sciences and College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan.
Dr Hafeez is course tutor for Minor Oral Surgery courses at LonDEC, Kings College Dental Education Centre and runs courses/study days for Health Education England. He has recently been honoured as a Fellow Faculty of Dental Trainers by Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He has recently completed his post graduate Certificate in Mentoring, Leadership & Coaching from CMI & Dental coaching Academy, UK.
|Course Date||10-08-2021 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||10-08-2021 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||03-08-2019|
|Cut off date||09-08-2021|
|Discounted Price||£375.00 (Until 26-07-2021 00:00)|