Minor Oral Surgery & Basic Implantology for DCPs (28/01/20)
This interactive course is intended for and aimed at DCPs who will be involved with assisting with Minor Oral Surgery (MOS) and basic Implatology in their practice.
A full study day taught by an implantologist and his team for the Dental nurses which will get them prepared for the MOS and Dental Implantology cases in a general practice. Hands on part of the day will enable them to learn the scrubbing techniques and interactive session will be focused on the instrumentation and components used in MOS and Implantology cases.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have improved their understanding for Minor Oral surgical procedures and Dental Implantology.
- Will be able to identify the instruments used in MOS procedures and Dental Implantology Components
- Gain the opportunity to learn and practice Scrubbing and draping for surgical procedures.
- Improve ability to understand and assist the dentists properly in MOS and Dental Implantology procedures.
- Effective management of patients having surgical procedures as a Dental team.
- Principles and techniques involved in surgical procedures & Implantology.
- Understand the importance of aseptic technique and how to scrub-up, gown-up and drape a surgery Understand the names and use of instruments on a MOS tray and the chronological sequence during minor oral surgery & Dental Implantology.
- AM Session: Interactive Lectures
- PM Session: Hands-on-Training
Registration is at 9:15am and the course starts at 9:30am. Expected finish time is 4:30pm.
The course takes place at LonDEC. Please see https://www.londec.co.uk/directions/
Each participant will receive comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC and 6 hours verifiable CPD.
Course is inclusive of refreshments and light buffet lunch.
Surgical Drape Kits kindly provided by HYGITECH Smart Dental Solutions
For details on their products please use link below:
Dr. Kashif Hafeez BDS, MFDRCSI, FFDRCSI, FDSRCSEd, PG Cert Med Ed
Dr Kashif Hafeez has been privileged with Membership and Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland and was honoured with Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He has completed his post graduate certificate in Medical and Dental education from Oxford Brookes University. He has special interest in Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology and has been practising in the picturesque Cotswold. He has been a post graduate Dental Foundation trainer for Oxford Deanery and has been fulfilling his duties currently as an Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons Ireland & Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He acts as an expert & advisor to the General Dental Council UK. He teaches Oral surgery and Implantology at the Masters programme of BPP University, UK and lectures nationally and internationally on Oral surgery & Dental Implantology, he has been presenting his scientific work at various international conferences. In addition, he serves as Editorial Board member for Porodental CPD and a visiting Oral surgery Professor in Pakistan. He has a number of international publications. In 2013, he was honoured with the Dentist of the year award by APPS UK.
|Course Date||28-01-2020 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||28-01-2020 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||25-07-2019|
|Cut off date||27-01-2020|