Essential Hands On Skills For Minor Oral Surgery In General Dental Practice (22/08/19)
This one day course will provide the opportunity to the general dental practitioners of further knowledge and hands on experience in minor oral surgical procedures. The course will comprise of interactive session and hands on training on sheep heads and will help in building the confidence of the delegates.
- Overview of minor oral surgical procedures carried out in general dental practice and to improve the provision of these procedures by the GDP.
- Review the understanding of extractions, surgical removal of teeth and other minor oral surgical procedures.
- Enhance the understanding about flap design, suturing and bone removal, opportunity to practice flap elevation & surgical removal of teeth.
- Review of knowledge about complications and post-operative care.
- Medical, Clinical & radiographic assessment of patients for minor oral surgical procedures.
- This course will help to improve the confidence and knowledge of Minor oral surgical procedures.
- It will give an insight for managing the complications during the procedures.
- Morning session: Lecture and Interactive session
- Afternoon session: Hands on sheep heads
Registration is at 9:15am and the course starts at 9:30am. Expected finish time is 4:30pm.
The course takes place at LonDEC. Please see https://www.londec.co.uk/directions/
Each participant will receive comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC and 6 hours verifiable CPD.
Course is inclusive of refreshments and light buffet lunch.
Dr. Kashif Hafeez BDS, MFDRCSI, FFDRCSI, FDSRCSEd, PG Cert Med Ed
Dr Kashif Hafeez has been privileged with Membership and Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland and was honoured with Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He has completed his post graduate certificate in Medical and Dental education from Oxford Brookes University. He has special interest in Oral Surgery and Dental Implantology and has been practising in the picturesque Cotswold. He has been a post graduate Dental Foundation trainer for Oxford Deanery and has been fulfilling his duties currently as an Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons Ireland & Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He acts as an expert & advisor to the General Dental Council UK. He teaches Oral surgery and Implantology at the Masters programme of BPP University, UK and lectures nationally and internationally on Oral surgery & Dental Implantology, he has been presenting his scientific work at various international conferences. In addition, he serves as Editorial Board member for Porodental CPD and a visiting Oral surgery Professor in Pakistan. He has a number of international publications. In 2013, he was honoured with the Dentist of the year award by APPS UK.
|Course Date||22-08-2019 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||22-08-2019 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||22-10-2018|
|Cut off date||22-08-2019|
|Discounted Price||£375.00 (Until 25-07-2019)|